She was never apprehensive and the interview flowed very smoothly and freely. This is what makes her a great employee for student services at El Camino. As I observe her help the students, she does it with passion and grace. "Everyday I meet so many different people," she said. "It's really fulfilling to help others and see the impact I make when helping them. I love it, not to mention the convenience and location." I asked the easier questions first and then the harder, more brave questions last.
Chevarria encourages other students to follow her and become student employees on campus. Juggling school and employment is a challenge amongst most college students. "Sometimes it can be annoying having to go to work but usually my bosses are really flexible with scheduling around finals and stuff like that" Chevarria said. This is one of the perks of working on campus, as most other jobs would not be as flexible or understanding. She, even inspired me to apply for a job on campus. She went on to say, "It has allowed me to open up inside El Camino and exposed me to many opportunities I wouldn't have had if I weren't working on campus." Chevarria explains to me that she has encountered many relationships with professors, students and various campus employees which have led to references, and some internships. This has helped her get into the university of her choice. She will be attending CSULB in the fall and is looking forward to this new endeavor.
I met one of Chevarria's long time friends, Wendy Jiminez, and she cannot stop explaining her personality traits. "Isel has always put others before her, so it never surprised me that she loves her job," she said. "That's just what type of person she is." By meeting one of Chevarria's friend it gave me insight and allowed me to get a deeper understanding of her character. This displayed to me how to conduct an interview and use other sources when interviewing one individual for more insight.
Chevarria has a prospective future because of her experience working on campus at El Camino College. She continuously goes above and beyond. "Being honest when someone asks a question and if I don't know the answer, I will find it out for them. I won't give them the wrong information and act like I know."
For more information visit: www.elcamino.edu
No comments:
Post a Comment