07 November 2010

debate central

I have learned a lot from having the forensics beat on The Union, at El Camino College. The team's competitions vary each week. Sometimes it can be a bit frustrating getting down the schedules of the teammates, and tracking them down. Deadlines can become an issue when the competition may have occurred over the weekend and the deadline is supposed to be that Monday. I have learned how important they are in the discipline of Journalism.
I headed out to a Proposition 19 debate on the Library Lawn, that the forensics team and Political Science club held. It was interesting seeing the team in action, and the various arguments proposed. Students really got involved. A visitor on the campus, interjected during the debate which brought about an open discussion/argument. Things heated up between the individuals. I got a lot of information, and got hands on knowledge of what exactly the forensics team is about. It opened my eyes to new knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment