31 May 2011

sound slide initiation

My very first sound slide was a bit of a challenge. My partner Donn Gruta and I set out to Venice Beach one day to find a potential character with a story.

We began roaming around looking for interesting subjects and approaching people to get a sense of who they were and what they did in Venice. It was sort of a pre-interview before the actual. I found this helped a lot so we could narrow down our choices. at first it was difficult because we hadn't found that interesting of a person.

Finally, we came across a Jamaican wood carver, Gilesey Williams. We asked him about his times in Venice, the amount of money he makes, what his art does and who it attracts. As people began to stop and examine his work, we would ask them what they thought of it. Donn and I would feed off each other when asking questions and switch taking pictures. It was a lot of fun.

The editing took a bit longer, but once you get the hang of it it's a lot similar to the i-movie editing process. I believe this sound slide is a vital part to the multimedia process and for my future. I am glad I was able to experience this and learn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment